We are a growing strategic healthcare communications agency looking to expand our team. You would be joining our mission of making a positive difference in people’s lives. At Cuttsy+Cuttsy, people are the focus of everything we do, from patients through to our own team.
As Strategy Executive, you will work within our Strategy Team supporting them to deliver client projects. As an excellent communicator, you are good at presenting complex information in a simple manner and enjoy working out the best way to present information to different audiences. You have an interest (or are very keen to develop one) in several of the following: patient engagement, communication strategy, marketing data analytics, market research and insights (typically qualitative) and behavioural economics.
You will also have a keen interest in healthcare and feel motivated to work on projects that will ultimately improve peoples’ lives. You must be passionate about the healthcare industry and curious to explore ways that healthcare communications can work harder to improve the lives of people affected by health challenges. You are motivated by finding out what makes people tick, in this case, patients and healthcare professionals.
Projects will be varied — from new product launches, patient research and engagement, to communications supporting patients with their chronic disease or helping doctors make a treatment decision based on scientific evidence.
The role will be supported by the Patient Engagement Lead and Communication Strategy Lead. However, you will find yourself working alongside members of our Client Service, Creative and Content teams.
- Conduct desk research to support to new business pitches and existing projects
- Work with the Strategy and Client Services team to assess client briefs and challenges
- Learn how to write a concise creative brief
- Keep the strategy and wider team up to date with the latest innovations in healthcare communications and the wider marcomms world, as well as key health topics of strategic interest
- Work together with a member of the content team to research and create briefing packs to bring project teams up to speed on new therapy or disease areas
- Provide effective administrative support to the strategy team
- Take meeting notes during strategy team meetings, making sure you and the Strategy Leads are on track and accountable to the team’s objectives
- Nurture and manage the relationships we form with patient organisations.
- Maintain an open and positive culture within the strategy team
- Uphold the values, vision and culture of the company
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Life science, communications, psychology, advertising or marketing qualification or equivalent work experience
- Good Microsoft Office skills, Powerpoint in particular
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective teamwork skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to adapt to build effective relationships at all levels
- Proactive and adaptable
- The ability and enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced environment
We offer competitive packages, including private healthcare for you and your family; pension; investment in your professional development; bonus birthday day off; Christmas/New Year shut down on top of annual leave; additional annual leave after 3 years’ service; (and not to mention our annual free trainer giveaway!).
In 2019 we were recognised by Campaign Magazine as one of the top 20 places to work and we have recently been awarded ''We Invest In People, Gold'' by Investors in People.
We operate various working models from 100% remote, hybrid and office based depending on individual and business needs. If successful this would be discussed at the first stage of the recruitment process.
If you are looking for a change and want to join a company which wins awards for its culture and its investment in people, let’s talk.