Words are your thing.
You can communicate complex scientific ideas in a concise manner and tailor communications perfectly for their audience.
In that case, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Join us in our mission and make a positive difference in people’s lives.
At Cuttsy+Cuttsy we are committed to supporting patients and healthcare professionals. Everyday our communications are making impact.
As an experienced medical writer, you will develop engaging copy with strategic impact for a range of medical communications materials, platforms and audiences. Projects will be varied - one day you may be creating patient materials to support them with their chronic disease, the next, you may be writing communications to help doctors make a treatment decision based on scientific evidence.
The variety will require you to adapt your writing style and approach depending on the project objectives. As a Senior Medical Writer, you will be experienced in placing yourself in the shoes of your audience, and this could not be more important in the role here at Cuttsy+Cuttsy.
The role will be supported by the Content Director; however, you will find yourself working alongside team members in Strategy, Design and Account Management.
- Research, write and reference copy to very high scientific and grammatical standards
- Write in a range of styles depending on the communication purpose and audience need
- Be lead writer across a number of accounts and therapy areas
- Ability to interpret a brand or medical plan to come up with innovative and strategic solutions
- Present content to colleagues and clients at all levels, in a logical and coherent manner
- Provide guidance and scientific direction for creative solutions and input into concept development as appropriate
- Continually strengthen your compliance knowledge and awareness of the ABPI (Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry) code and how to apply the rules in your work
- Use content review management platforms such as Veeva Vault with competence
- Travel to and attend client presentations and projects where necessary (occasionally international travel may be required)
- Mentor junior writers and take an interest in their personal development
- Degree level or higher in a biomedical science
- A minimum of 4 years’ medical writing experience
- Highly motivated to create medical writing which makes a positive difference
- Understanding of product promotion from a commercial perspective
- Have writing experience in both promotional and non-promotional settings
- Able to provide strategic input into all forms of communication materials
- Excellent knowledge of content review management platforms such as Veeva Vault and industry regulations such as the ABPI code
- Passionate about learning, developing and improving your skills
- Have an exceptional eye for detail and experience of proofreading
- Able to work at pace but with great accuracy
- Have excellent organisational skills and time management
- Effective teamwork skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
We offer competitive packages including pension, private healthcare for you and your family, as well as investment in your own professional development (and free trainers!).
We offer flexible working and we operate a ‘no long hours’ policy. In 2019 we were recognised by Campaign Magazine as one of the top 20 places to work.
If you are looking for a change and want to join a company which wins awards for its culture and its investment in people, let’s talk.
Please email your CV or share your LinkedIn profile and explain why you think you are suited to the role by contacting KateMcCabe@cuttsyandcuttsy.com