We are looking for a Senior Editor who can help us continue the work that we do that educates patients, healthcare professionals about new treatments for life- threatening diseases.
The role of the Senior Editor is to support our writing team working on a wide range of communication projects as well as proofing, editing and writing documents in line with company needs and client expectations. You will ensure scientific integrity is met at all times and our content adheres to the highest standards with regards to style, grammar, and quality. You will have strong organisational skills and be responsible for the timeliness of your work. From initial layouts to printer proofs, you will also support the wider Cuttsy+Cuttsy team by being responsible for the quality of all materials leaving the company.
You will work on a range of projects including advertising and marketing campaigns, patient and clinical trial materials, films, speaker presentations, training materials, digital detail aids and websites over a range of therapy areas. To be successful in this role, you will need to have had at least three years’ commercial experience within a healthcare agency, or publishing environment.
- Setting and maintaining standards of language, style and layout
- Ensuring the quality, scientific integrity and timeliness of the agency’s work is always front and centre of all projects
- Writing and editing copy to ensure the quality of the team’s editorial output
- Consistently producing high quality work that is in line with client’s objectives and is correctly formatted with no typographical or grammatical errors
- Proofing and checking the accuracy of materials both internally and externally
- Ensuring quality control processes are stuck to and understood by the whole Cuttsy+Cuttsy team
- Ability to manage and develop junior editors
- Ability to fact check and create reference packs
- Proactively manage workload and suggest new ways of working to improve editorial processes
- Adhering to clients sign off processes such as Veeva Promomats
- Timely completion of timesheets and expenses
- Degree level or higher in Life Sciences
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years of prior relevant experience in a medical communications or publishing environment
- Excellent written English (vocabulary and grammar) and attention to detail
- Excellent editorial and proofing skills with ability to adapt content and style to suit different audiences
- Good presentation skills/excellent communication, interpersonal and problem- solving skills
- Good knowledge of and adherence to healthcare compliance laws and guidelines (e.g. ABPI code of practice)
- Adept at setting best practice working processes
- Strong organisational and time-management capabilities
- Good knowledge of print/production process
- Ensure understanding and implementation of company procedures and quality standards
- The ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft office, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc.
In summary, you must be involved in everything, inquisitive, full of ideas, like to experiment, hardworking and enthusiastic!
We offer competitive packages, including private healthcare for you and your family; pension; investment in your professional development; bonus birthday day off; Christmas/New Year shut down on top of annual leave; additional annual leave after 3 years’ service; (and not to mention our annual free trainer giveaway!).
We offer flexible working and we operate a ‘no long hours’ policy. In 2019 we were recognised by Campaign Magazine as one of the top 20 places to work and we have recently been awarded ''We Invest In People, Gold'' by Investors in People.
We operate various working models from 100% remote, hybrid and office based depending on individual and business needs. If successful this would be discussed at the first stage of the recruitment process.
If you are looking for a change and want to join a company which wins awards for its culture and its investment in people, let’s talk.