We are looking for a Editorial Assistant/Proofer who can help us continue the work that we do that educates patients, healthcare professionals about new treatments for life-threatening diseases.
The role of the Editorial Assistant is to support our writing team working on a wide range of communication projects as well as proofing, editing and writing documents in line with company needs. You will be capable of writing and developing editorial projects to meet and exceed client objectives and expectations. You will be responsible for the quality, scientific integrity and timeliness of your work. You will also support the wider Cuttsy+Cuttsy team with the responsibility for the QC process of all materials leaving the company.
You will work on a range of projects including advertising and marketing campaigns, patient and clinical trial materials, films, speaker presentations, training materials, digital detail aids and websites over a range of therapy areas. To be successful in this role, you will need to already have at least one years’ commercial experience within an agency paired with an enthusiasm to learn more.
- Setting and maintaining standards of language, style and layout
- The quality, scientific integrity and timeliness of the agency’s work
- Writing and editing copy to ensure the quality of the team’s editorial output
- Consistently produce high quality work that is in line with client’s objectives and is correctly formatted with no typographical or grammatical errors
- Proofing and checking the accuracy of materials both internally and externally
- Ensuring quality control processes are stuck to
- Planning and organising projects
- Adhering to clients sign off processes such as Veeva Promomats
- Timely completion of timesheets and expenses
- Degree level or higher in Life Sciences
- One years’ (minimum) agency experience (ideally healthcare)
- Excellent editorial and proofing skills with ability to adapt content and style to suit different audiences
- Good presentation skills/Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ideally a knowledge of and adherence to healthcare compliance laws and guidelines
- Adept at setting best practice working processes
- Strong organisational and time-management capabilities
- Ensure understanding and implementation of company procedures and quality standards
- The ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office.
In summary, you must be involved in everything, inquisitive, full of ideas, like to experiment, hardworking and enthusiastic!
We offer competitive packages, including private healthcare for you and your family; pension; investment in your professional development; bonus birthday day off; Christmas/New Year shut down on top of annual leave; additional annual leave after 3 years’ service; (and not to mention our annual free trainer giveaway!).
We operate various working models from 100% remote, hybrid and office based depending on individual and business needs and flexible working is available to all. This would be discussed at the first stage of the recruitment process.
If you are looking for a change and want to join a company which wins awards for its culture and its investment in people, let’s talk.
Please email your CV and explain why you think you are suited to KateMcCabe@cuttsyandcuttsy.com