Are you an experienced medical writer looking for a new challenge? If so, we want to hear from you.
Words are your thing. You can communicate complex scientific ideas in a concise manner and tailor communications perfectly for their audience. In that case, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Join us in our mission and make a positive difference in people’s lives.
At Cuttsy+Cuttsy we are committed to supporting patients and healthcare professionals. Everyday our communications are making impact.
As a medical writer, you will develop engaging copy for a range of medical communications materials, platforms and audiences. Projects will be varied - one day you may be creating patient materials to support them with their chronic disease, the next, you may be writing communications to help doctors make a treatment decision based on scientific evidence.
The variety will require you to adapt your writing style and approach depending on the project objectives. As a Medical Writer, you will be capable of placing yourself in the shoes of your audience, and this could not be more important in the role here at Cuttsy+Cuttsy.
The role will be supported by the Content Director; however, you will find yourself working alongside team members in Strategy, Design and Account Management.
- Research, write and reference copy to very high scientific and grammatical standards
- Write in a range of styles depending on the communication purpose and audience need
- Gain knowledge of a number of therapy areas including market environment, target audience and current news/developments
- Present content to colleagues and clients at all levels, in a logical and coherent manner
- Provide guidance and scientific direction for creative solutions and input into concept development as appropriate
- Continually strengthen your compliance knowledge and awareness of the ABPI (Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry) code and how to apply the rules in your work
- Use content review management platforms such as Veeva Vault with competence
- Travel to and attend client presentations and projects where necessary (occasionally international travel may be required)
- Timely completion of timesheets
- Degree level or higher in a biomedical science
- Highly motivated to create medical content which makes a positive difference
- Understanding of product promotion from a commercial perspective
- Passionate about learning, developing and improving your skills
- Have an exceptional eye for detail and experience of proofreading
- Able to work at pace but with great accuracy
- Have excellent organisational skills and time management
- Effective teamwork skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
We offer competitive packages, including private healthcare for you and your family; pension; investment in your professional development; bonus birthday day off; Christmas/New Year shut down on top of annual leave; additional annual leave after 3 years’ service; (and not to mention our annual free trainer giveaway!).
We offer flexible working and we operate a ‘no long hours’ policy. We have recently been recognised by Campaign Magazine as one of the top 3 Best Places to Work and we have been awarded ''We Invest In People, Gold'' by Investors in People.
We operate various working models from 100% remote, hybrid and office based depending on individual and business needs. If successful this would be discussed at the first stage of the recruitment process.
If you are looking for a change and want to join a company which wins awards for its culture and its investment in people, let’s talk.
Please email your CV or share your LinkedIn profile and explain why you think you are suited to the role by contacting KateMcCabe@cuttsyandcuttsy.com
Your Work-Life Balance
We believe in living the value and culture of our company and very much promote a healthy work-life balance for all the team. The following benefits contribute to this:
We believe that what’s important is not when and where we work, but how and what we achieve, so talk to us about what you are looking for
Guidance against working too many hours in the week — something which is usually against the marketing agency norm
Each month we donate through Ecologi to offset the carbon we produce in both our personal and professional lives
Where will you be working?
As our team continues to grow, we ran out of desk space! This meant we needed to take the next step in finding ourselves a new home. As a result, we were very excited to secure a fantastic new office space at ‘The Works’ in Sawston.